Merced’s Affordable Communities in Texas
At Merced Housing Texas, we believe that no one should pay more than 30% of their income for housing. Anything more is excessive. Families paying more than 30% of their income toward rent may not have enough money for food, health care and other living expenses. Yet in San Antonio and all across the state, people are cost-burdened by the price of housing. A full 31% of San Antonio homeowners are spending more than 30% of their monthly income for housing, according to the City of San Antonio’s most recent Consolidated Plan.
Merced owns or operates 13 affordable communities in seven Texas cities. While each of them meets that threshold, each also has their own income restrictions and tenant requirements. You can learn about each of these communities by clicking on their names in the list on the right or hover over the city names on the map for a thumbnail snapshot of each property.
- Artisan at Willow Springs Apartments
- Casitas de Villa Corona
- Eleanor Place Apartments
- Elmhurst Place Apartments
- Stablewood Farms Apartment Homes
- Oscar Eason Senior Apartments
All of our communities are committed to service-enriched housing which includes:
- Promoting a sense of community.
- Encouraging resident empowerment.
- Facilitating access to community resources and programs.
- Strengthening individual and families’ lives.
- Linking residents to social services.
The qualifications for each community are different. To see if you qualify to live at one of our communities, contact the leasing office at that community.