Merced Housing Texas is a nonprofit corporate ministry sponsored by eleven congregations of Catholic women religious. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable, service-enriched housing for individuals and families who are economically poor throughout the State of Texas.
• We provide quality, affordable multi-family housing for low to moderate-income individuals and families in San Antonio, Somerset, Conroe, Goliad, Karnes City, Fort Worth and Corpus Christi, Texas.
• We make Resident Services Programs available to residents at each multi-family property, which focus on Education, Employment, Health and Financial Literacy.
• We make health, safety, and emergency related repairs to the homes of elderly and disabled homeowners through our Serve Our Seniors (SOS) Owner-Occupied Repair Program.
• Respect - a basic perspective and behavior which is attentive, considerate, and shows special regard for the inherent dignity of persons and the soundness of creation
• Justice - the fair and impartial treatment of others
• Mercy - the ability to see need and respond to that need with compassion
We believe that every person has the right to decent, safe housing in a nurturing atmosphere that promotes personal growth and family stability.
We believe that no one should pay an excessive proportion of income for housing.
We believe that residents, staff, board and all who collaborate with us contribute to modeling responsibility and building healthy communities.